transducer preference

Forums
I have a Lawrance elite 7 that came w/stand transducer. I have since purchased the trans that allows down imaging. I am thinking about getting a 2nd elite for the trolling motor. Which location is best for the DI transducer?
Thank you received: 24

I don't have a DI transducer but everything I have read usually has them at the helm.
Can't you network your units together and share that view with the TM unit?
Thank you received: 9

Your down image display isn't much help unless the boat is moving. Because of this it would probably get the most use on the console. The signal emitting from the ducer is not cone shaped like a 2 D ducer. Think of it like a sheet of paper standing on edge. Each return from the ducer is what that sheet bounces off of. As the boat moves forward successive sheets are put in front of the last one. If you aren't moving it won't draw much of a picture. I hope what I just wrote is understandable.

sold old boat,bought 05 stratos w/150. can anyone tell me if the DI trans can be shot thru hull?

There are some that can. Do you know exactly which one you have ?

Sorry for the slow reply. I know Humminbird has some DI ducers that shoot thru the hull. I don't know about Lowrance. If you haven't mounted it yet why not hook it up to the console unit and set it in the bilge with a sand bag to hold it down for a water test. If it works then you can mount it.
Thank you received: 0
User

>soySorry for the slow reply. I know Humminbird has some DI ducers that shoot thru the hull. I don't know about Lowrance. If you haven't mounted it yet why not hook it up to the console unit and set it in the bilge with a sand bag to hold it down for a water test. If it works then you can mount it.

Thank you received: 1
User

NIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGEsoyRSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEEDNIGGERSNEED